Creating placements for your website
In order to run AwesomeAds demand on your website, you will need to create placements for each format. Follow the next steps in order to do this
In 'Apps & Sites' in the navigation bar, you'll see a blank page with 'Create a New app/site' in the top right. Click this to start setting up your placements.
1. Give your site a name. If you have more than one website, be sure to set up each site separately.
2. Choose the website property type and add in the domain name
3. Choose the age and demographic that suits your platform best, a maximum of two ages should be selected per App and Site to ensure the most relevant ads will appear for your users. As our advertising is contextually targeted, we require high levels of accuracy when selecting your age buckets. If you are unsure of your age demographic, try getting a young person's opinion. If you cannot decide, reach out to your account manager.
4. Decide whether all ads will be auto-approved by default (recommended), or if you want to approve every ad that runs. Auto approval means you will accept all contextually relevant ads from our adserver. By not accepting this you would need to dedicate resources to manually approve each creative before they go live, which will impact your fill rates as this would not be the most optimized setup.
Once saved, you need to create your placements, remember to name your placement appropriately, so you'll recognize it in reporting.
Click ‘+Add A New Placement’ then using the filter at the top go to Desktop or Mobile Formats and choose which type of placement you want to create.
Once created, you will see the placements under your site.
1. A unique placement ID is associated with each tag. The AwesomeAds platform has the ability to report on placement level performance which is great for campaign optimisations and troubleshooting.
2. The number of live ads that have been linked to the placement. This will be 0 until your account manager turns your account on. Note if a placement tag does not receive any requests for 7 days, ads will no longer be linked, simply start sending traffic to the placement again to activate the tag and get ads linked once again.
3. Generate the placement tags for that unique placement
4. Edit the details of the placement, set up a fallback creative or tag, or preview the placement in a live setting
Tip: Use an informative name for your placements, this is the easiest way to differentiate between them
testing your placement tags before going live:
Before we can switch on live monetization, we need to test that the placements are set up correctly. We will run a capped campaign at 0$ CPM in order to view a kidsafe in-house ad campaign every time. Once it's confirmed that the setup is correct, your account manager will turn on live monetisation.
To set up a test campaign and go live, follow the next steps:
Click 'Get placement tags' in order to see the auto-generated tags for each unique tag.
You can use then use the test tag for testing purposes, just copy and paste the below tag into your website source code. You must ensure that the test=true parameter is removed from the tag when you are ready to run live campaigns.
Once you’ve created your tags, reach out to your AM to set up the test campaign.
Once your placement tags have been tested with the support of your Account Manager, use the VAST or JS tag in order to tap into real-time demand.
See below for the additional information needed when setting up tags for video.
Note: tags will be activated by your Account Manager so ensure this has been set this up before sending live requests. .
Additional information is needed at the end of each video placement’s unique VAST tag:
Domain Macro: When setting up your VAST tag ensure the URL domain macro "&domain=[DOMAIN_PARAMETER]" is added for inclusion list purposes.
[DOMAIN_PARAMETER] must be replaced by the relevant domain macro from your adserver e.g. %%SITE%% for Google Ad Manager.
You will need to send a full list of all domains which will serve AwesomeAds demand to be added to the domain inclusion list, without approval they will be blocked from our system and will not be monetised resulting in a lost revenue opportunity.